" Hello. I see you found Gesner's Book. I hope it wasn't too much trouble" - Dr. Knight
Dr. Peter Knight has survived in the royal bunkers beneath Buckingham Palace. He has been in search of the fabled panacea which is a universal cure John Dee died looking for.
Part in StoryEditWhen first encountered, he is found experimenting on an infected human while wearing a hazmat suit in a bullet proof glass medical chamber. Here, he is looking for a way to cure the plague. He sends the survivor to go retrieve letters from Dee himself and a book written by Gesner, as he says they hold the key to the Panacea. When you retrieve the Gesner's Book, you will find him in his chamber without a Hazmat suit on. He looks to be infected, but gives himself a shot and the infection recedes, as the included picture shows. He will then upgrade your scanner and begin to decipher the letters. After you do a few more missions for The Prepper, you will then return to him and will then send you off to find more letters. When they have been retrieved he will become excited and send you off while he begins to make the Panacea. Later on you will be contacted via radio, where he will tell you to meet him at Buckingham Palace while coughing heavily. When you arrive, you will find him in the palace as an infected, which will proceed to attack once it sees you. You will then be forced to kill him. Once he is dead, you must take his eyeball in order to access the security door that leads to the flooded chambers underneath, which, in turn, leads to an open vault which gives you the panacea.
- Dr. Knight is simply referred to as "The Doc".
- He is only encountered once outside of his personal quarantine.
- The Doc seemed to have become infected after you leave him the first time, his Hazmat suit can be found bloodied outside of his chamber.
- The Doc seems to have a deterrent for the infection, though it doesn't last long.
- As an infected, The Doc can kill you in one hit.
- When you find Dr. Knight as an infected, there is also an armored infected in the room with him. It's possible that he either became infected as the armored came closer to him, or said armored accelerated the process, not that much time was left for Dr. Knight anyways.
- As he isn't in the bunker anymore, it's quite possible that he was fleeing into the palace because infected had started to appear in the bunker, as noted by a later sequence in the game. It's also possible that he preferred to flee into the palace through fear of infecting the player if he/she arrived, as they would have most likely been attacked by the doctor as he turned into an infected right on the spot.
- If you go into Dr.Knight's personal quarantine after he has fled deep into Buckingham, scan by his bloodied hazmat suit to find a recorder. This recorder has Dr.Knight's own little diary about him and finding the Pancea.